Our car was ordered from Cadillac Motors Corp. by Morton Motor Co. Farmington, Maine, (Mortons were established in 1948 but were taken over in the 1980's by a Chevrolet main agent although the original building still stands). They actually retained the car for their own use as a promotional vehicle and she took part in various town events such as the 4th July parades.
We purchased the car from a Mr. Robert Hoar of Tasker, Maine whose grandparents remember the actual car from 1956.
The previous owner's grandparents used to buy all their cars from Morton Motor Co. and his grandmother remembers the car, having seen it as a young woman at parades in Farmington. The car has remained local to Farmington all it's life until purchased by us and shipped over to the U.K.
We decided to undertake a full restoration and three years later, she is now back, resplendent and turning admiring heads just as she did in 1956.